Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thankful Tree

Every year I try to make something during this time of year to remind us of the things we are thankful for. Last year I cut a branch off of our tree and stuck it in a pot filled with rocks. We cut out colorful leaves and tied ribbon on them. Then we would fill them out every day with things we are thankful for and hang them on our "tree." We do it every day or at least every F.H.E. until the Thanksgiving comes around. The kids loved it and soon the tree had thankful leaves hanging all over it.
I found this cute idea today on Roots and Wings Co. I might have to try it out this year. I bet the kids would have fun with this one too. I love her idea how she has the leaves falling onto the ground with the things they are thankful for. Or you could start with a bare tree and fill the tree full with thankful leaves too.
[Thankful tree full of leaves[3].jpg]

No comments:

Post a Comment